How to create a blog that will help sell books. For our book promotion services see: http://TheBookPromoter.com
Blogging for Writers! Blogging is not for all writers. You need to be willing to learn new things and to want to connect with people
This short video will help you identify topics for blog posts, which will help you sell more books and how to make your blog appealing Author blog posts should be published on an author’s own site or blog whenever possible This will help you to draw people to a site with your branding and links to your books
We encourage you to write book-related blog posts, because they are more likely to gain you readers Posts about writing or about your daily life are unlikely to sell many books These guidelines are not meant to prevent you blogging about whatever you want Feel free to blog on whatever subjects take your fancy Just be aware that extending your book online, as described in this video, is the most likely method of finding lots of new readers
Okay, here’s our suggestions for what to write about
1. The inspiration behind your book – other authors, other books, events in your life, a story overheard A link with your book should be described clearly early on
The benefits of your book, what readers will get from reading your book can also be described. Readers may learn things or benefit from new experiences
2. You could write a post about a main character, their backstory for instance, so potential readers can get a taste of the book
3. You could create a post, which is a prologue or epilogue to the events of your book
4. You could write about the world of your book, describing where you got your inspiration
5. You could write a post about the evil leaders in your dystopian world
6. You could write a post about the conflicts or themes featured in your book
7. Create lists related to your book with attention grabbing headlines
8. You could post out of copyright maps, pictures you own, illustrations, video trailers or original graphics The important thing to remember about any blog post is that it needs to be relevant to your book, to help sell it On style, I recommend 200 – 700 word posts.
All posts should be easy to read. That means short paragraphs, maximum 4 lines long Longer posts can be shaped into a series, which solves the problem about what to blog about next Series can also contain cliff hangers and foreshadowing to keep potential readers coming back for more I recommend two images per post, as a minimum, a large font (14-18 point), and a link to a purchase page for your book at the end of every post.
There is a lot of work involved in producing effective blog posts
And please, please, read back over your posts and edit them for style and language before publishing them One wrong letter and you can spoil d’affect First paragraphs should be particularly interesting, to ensure people read on Avoid cliches, like the plague, both in the titles of your posts and in your writing Be different Say something new
Our attention span online is limited P.S. Every blog post must include a pic of a cat . . . . . . . . . just kidding!
For our book promotion services see: TheBookPromoter.com
This presentation contains images that were used under a Creative Commons License. Click here to see the full list of images and attributions: